Wednesday 24 September 2008

Time flies

www.888dag.com
I can't believe it's a week since I last blogged. Time seems to go so fast these days. I noticed this a couple of days ago with my coffee card, you know the type, get a free coffee after so many. It is almost full. I seem to be measuring my days in coffee stamps. I mentioned this whilst supping my soy latte to Pommygran8 who surprised me with a quote from T. S. Eliot's The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock:

"Have known the evenings, mornings, afternoons,
I have measured out my life with coffee spoons;"

So some else has noticed it too.

Pommygran8 can still surprise me with her hidden depths.



Saxophone lesson later today. I was give a piece last week to improvise, Watermelon Man by Herbie Hancock. My efforts so far have been less than spectacular. My fingers do not seem to have any connection with my brain. I feel my progress this week is very much underdone. I have time this morning to practise some more though. I found this on You-Tube, the tenor saxophone solo is what I would like to be able to do.

3 comments:

Lise said...

Practice makes perfect!

pommygran8 said...

Gosh nice to know i can still surprise you-and didnt really i had hidden depths!

sydhappyguy said...

sometimes you can best chat through a blog, eh?