Sunday 4 January 2009

A slight miscalculation.



www.888dag.com
Files, we thought, you know the ones, in manilla folders, full of A4 sheets of paper, take up a lot of room. So I convinced Pommygran8 who owns the said files, that it was time to buy a scanner and scan them to a nice big hard drive and shred the files. So we started a couple of days ago. Little did I know that shredded files expand, and expand, and expand. I know now. Having filled to overflowing one full size recycling bin, we still have bags and bags and bags of shreds. And we have only managed a quarter of the task.

3 comments:

KymoftheKing said...

You could compost them; although you do need a compost heap for that. And I can't help you out because I have enough shred of my own from work and the Darlo worms are kept very busy with that.
I predict the creation of some lovely papier mache forms...

EyeOfTheLeopard said...

Have you thought about only shredding the sensitive information of a document in order to minimize the volume of shred. Otherwise shreds come handy as packing material, animal bedding in a pet store or for gifts baskets if the shreds are colourful. I'm looking forward to seeing your paper mache creations!!

smoke and mirrors said...

if you took it to reverse garbage in marrackville im sure there will be an artist that would love to create something out of it. one method of recycling i guess...