Monday 29 September 2008

Goldfish

www.888dag.com


We have a little fish pond on the back patio. When we moved in last year I fed the fish regularly, there were five of them. Gradually over a period of time they turned belly up and the fish pond turned green with algae.

Last week, I decided to clean out the pond and remove the algal bloom. There was so much of it. I realise now that I had overfed the fish causing the overgrowth of the algae and used water from the tap to top up the pool. I refilled the pond and put water conditioner in it. It seems Sydney Water straight out of the tap is toxic to goldfish!

Today Pommygran8 and I bought three goldfish to put in the pond and also some plants. I am in sole charge. So far so good. They are still moving! Feeding them 3-4 flakes of food every 2 or 3 days seems to be the order of the day. At that rate they shouldn't outgrow the pond.

1 comment:

TomDiggleHarry said...

Murderers!! Ha ha ha... They're only Goldfish, eh? Hope this round of fishes will have a much more longer life than the last one since now its in your charge. ;0