Thursday 11 September 2008

Saxophone practice

www.888dag.com



Yesterday afternoon I had a saxophone lesson. I have been having them every week for a few months. I had been getting a bit despondent as I did not see much improvement. I felt I was making the same mistakes all the time. I told the tutor this and he said that I was wrong. I may have been having some problems, but the exercises have been increasing in difficulty and it is only by challenging that improvement will occur. To emphasise this, he gave me 4 times as many exercises to do for next week. Should have kept my mouth closed. I must say I felt elated after that and couldn't wait to get stuck in.




More photos of the Bash. Our Trophy presentation.



4 comments:

EyeOfTheLeopard said...

You are a man of many talents.

KMP said...

I agree, you certainly do have an extraordinary array of talents! I'm hopelessly impressed that you are learning to play an instrument (I have yet to figure out how to read music ... something I never quite grasped whilst at school). You should be very pleased with your tutor providing such positive feedback :-)

888 The Av 'n Gav Show 888 said...

You are a man of many talents.
HAPPY BIRHTDAY TO YOU AS WELL

Neal said...

Sometimes playing sax can be frustrating, but you will get better if you keep up with it. It sounds like you have just started.

Play things you enjoy as well! And mybe get some Aebersold play-alongs or something like that.

Listen to the great players. Check out Cannonball Adderley, Coltrane, Stanley Turrentine, etc. If you have in your mind how you want to sound, it will help you get there.