Tuesday 21 October 2008

Sculptures By the Sea




www.888dag.com
On Friday I went to Access Innovation Media HQ to learn how to caption my own videos. It seemed straightforward enough so I came home with the freeware program and a foot pedal to assist transcribing the video.

At the weekend, Pommygran8 and I went to look at the Sculptures by the Sea between Tamarama and Bondi Beach. I took many stills and some video, so I decided to load the software to caption the footage.

After 2 frustrating hours, I finally managed to get the foot pedal working. Then I started on the software package. It would get so far then ask me to find more files. Then when I did that, it couldn't open them. Many, many hours later, after installing, and uninstalling the program about half a dozen times, suddenly, it worked. I have no idea why. Perhaps it took sympathy for me, or more likely, I scared it with my screaming obscenities at it. Breathing on it didn't work.

So all I have to do now is upload the file to You Tube, which at the moment is undergoing maintenance. (Breathe and relax). So watch this space for my first clip.

1 comment:

EyeOfTheLeopard said...

I admire your patience!