Friday 21 November 2008

The Tables Are Turned

www.888dag.com
As a GP for 35 years, I spent a lot of time behind a desk. Today it was my turn for the other side. After feeling unwell for a couple of days, I developed some pains in the chest. As a GP, I would advise anyone with pains in the chest to seek advice immediately. I chose to ignore them. However when I mentioned them to Pommygran8 over coffee, she took me straight to the GP. Luckily, I was seen straight away, (Pommygran8 hates waiting). Examination was normal, ECG normal. I sent Pommygran8 home, thinking I would be following soon. Wrong. GP phoned cardiologist, who recommended CT angiogram. I walked across the road to the radiologist who knew I was coming. After a short wait I was having my coronary angiogram. Warning, do not distract the radiographer as she is putting a cannula in your arm. Second try it was in and the scan was over.
Waiting at home for the results, Pommygran8 was more impatient than I.
Finally the results came through and were all clear. No blockage, arteries in pretty good shape. So now no excuses to stop cooking.
The standard of service was excellent. I have no complaints.

1 comment:

888 The Av 'n Gav Show 888 said...

Whew! what a relief you seem too young and fit and too much of a good cook for that.